KETO CHICKEN AND ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Baked chicken thighs paired with roasted cauliflower are a family favourite in my house - my son will patiently sit at the dinner table for this meal. And the smell of browned butter and savoury herbs is so comforting!
It's also a great budget meal. Chicken thighs frequently go on sale, and after trying this meal, you'll see that taste isn't always related to price.
|Serving Size||1 thigh and 1/4 cauliflower|
|Nutrition Per Serving|
4 chicken legs with thigh attached, skin on
1/2 cup butter
2-3 Tbsp no-carb seasoning of choice (Mrs. Dash, Epicure, etc)
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter in an oven-safe pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Rub the seasoning over the non-skin sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the hot butter.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brown the other side, then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Toss the cauliflower in the butter, and put the chicken back into the pan.
- Transfer the oven safe pan/dutch oven to the pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Keep the lid off to crisp the skin.