KETO NAAN AND RAITA DRESSING
Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
When you just need a snack, looking for a meal filler, or are really craving some Indian food, this Keto friendly Naan and Raita Dressing recipe is the answer.
It's fairly simple to make and can be put together in less than 30 minutes. All you need are a few staple keto friendly ingredients in your kitchen and a smidge of elbow grease.
|Total Servings||6 Breads and Approximately 1 1/2 cups of Dressing|
|Serving Size||1 Bread + 2 Tbsp Dressing|
|Nutrition Per Serving|
|Calories||118 + 30 (dressing)|
|Total Fat||12g + 2g (dressing)|
|Protein||5g + 1g (dressing)|
|Net Carbohydrates||2g + 2g (dressing)|
3 Cups Mozzarella (shredded)
2 Tbsp Full-fat Greek Yogurt
2 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
1 Tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 Cup Mint Leaves (packed)
Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the shredded mozzarella and greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture, while the cheese is still hot.
- Knead the mixture together with your hands, until a uniform dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Cut the dough ball into 6 equal sections
- Take one piece, roll into a ball, then shape with your hands into a flatbread shape about 1/4 inches (6 mm) thick to make the naan.
- Bake the naan in the oven for about 8 to 11 minutes until a few golden brown spots form, but slightly before it looks fully done. If any bubbles form, pop them with a fork to flatten them.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the butter, garlic powder, and fresh parsley. Brush liberally over the naan.
- Return the naan to the oven for about 2 more minutes, until more golden brown.
Raita Mint Dressing
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mint is very finely chopped.