Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
First and foremost, this is an advanced ketogenic pierogi recipe. The dough is finicky. Rolling the dough and cutting the rounds takes lots of patience. So long as you can muster through the meticulous handcrafting of these little morsels, the KetoJennit Piergoies will knock your comfort food socks off!
In all it’s stereotypical ketogenic fashion, I fried up some bacon with onions and topped my polish creations in all of this goodness. Just like the real thing, these are worth every minute of pain and suffering.
|Total Servings||4 (Approximately 16 Pierogies)|
|Serving Size||4 Pierogies|
|Nutrition Per Serving|
Use the Fathead Pizza Dough Recipe
2 tbsp Cream Cheese
1.5 cups mozzarella
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1 half a head cauliflower
1/2 pack of full fat cream cheese
2-3 tbsp full fat sour cream
1/2 tbsp salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2 tbsp chives or green onion
Pierogi Filling Instructions
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and boil until done.
- With a food processor, place boiled cauliflower, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper
- Once mixed, stir in shredded cheddar cheese and chives
Pre-heat oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Put Mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir.
- Mix vigorously until it resembles a dough
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment as thin as you can get it without breaking
- Cut circles this is the finicky part (approximately 2 inches in diameter)
- Remove circles to another parchment you have on a sheet pan
- Put as much filling in the center of the round as you think it can hold
- Fold in half over the filling and press edges into each other
- Bake 7 min on each side
NOTE: If you have leftover dough and filling, make as many more pierogies as you can.