KETO TANDOORI CHICKEN
Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
A little morning meal prep will go a long way with this keto tandoori chicken recipe. Tangy yoghurt and masala spices create a marinade that will bring your chicken to the next level.
This marinade can be left in the fridge for up to 24 hours – prepare your ingredients the night before for a flavourful chicken dinner the following day.
Try this recipe with drumsticks, skin on chicken thighs, or whole chicken legs. Serve with your favourite keto side for a complete meal.
|Total Servings||4 to 6 Servings|
|Serving Size||2 pieces|
|Nutrition Per Serving|
1 ½ cups Plain yoghurt (full fat best)
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 ½ tbsp Lemon juice
2 tsp Ginger, grated
5 Garlic cloves, minced
3 tsp Garam masala spice mix
1 ½ tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Cumin
2 ½ tsp Coriander powder
½ tsp Chilli powder, adjust to taste
1 tsp Salt
1.2kg / 2.4lb Drumsticks (bone in), skin on chicken thighs, or Marylands (whole chicken legs).
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl
- Add chicken, cover and marinate for 12 to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a tray with tin foil
- Remove chicken from the marinade, shaking off excess (reserve marinade for basting)
- Baste every 15 minutes with marinade for 45 to 55 minutes
- Turn on broiler
- Broil for 5 minutes until you see some charring occur