KETO TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD
Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Perfect on a hot summer day, this zesty salad is refreshingly cool and crunchy.
The garam masala is the secret ingredient, adding a fragrant warmth and floral sweetness to the dish. But if you don't have any in your pantry, you could substitute a pinch of cumin and allspice.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Nutrition Per Serving|
3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced into rounds
1 large cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
1 pinch garam masala
2 cups mint leaves
1 cup yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 pinches salt
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and garam masala, mixing lightly with your hands. Set aside.
- Blitz the lemon, yogurt and mint leaves in a food processor until it becomes a smooth, bright green dressing.
- If necessary, add water so the dressing is a pourable consistency.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.