KETO VEGAN PAD THAI
Recipe by: Jenn Jonkman of Hale Holistics
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This KetoJennit Vegan Pad Thai is sure to satisfy any noodle craving. It packs a lot of flavour into your bowl, but if you prefer you can take the heat up a notch with sriracha.
|Nutrition Per Serving|
4 packs fettuccine-style shirataki noodles
12oz organic extra-firm tofu (240g), cut into 1" cubes
1 carrot, grated
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp tamari (or sodium-reduced soy sauce)
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp hemp seeds
2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Grate the carrots, shred the cabbage, mince the garlic, slice the onions and chop the cilantro.
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the tofu and sauté until golden (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the minced garlic and stir until light brown.
- Add carrots, cabbage, lime juice, peanut butter, tamari and chili flakes (if using). Stir to combine.
- Sauté the veggies until they are softened (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the shirataki noodles, stir to heat, then remove pan from stove.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds and hemp.
- Serve and enjoy!